Wednesday, April 29, 2009
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
Saturday, April 25, 2009
Thursday, April 23, 2009
I started playing this game after been influenced by Tracy. Then more and more people coming in to join us. Not long after, the "casino" had turned into a UTARians gamble area. I played this game for 3 days. Everyone of us stayed up late everyday till 3 something in the midnight playing this game. We're really addicted to it. The UTAR gambles are Teik Wei, Reno, Tracy, Shu Xian, Me, Meng Tiek, Jia Seng, Voon Li, JenShen, Shen Joe and Winson(I'm sorry if I missed out some of the names).
After 3 days of playing, I felt that it's really ridiculous playing it. First of all, we're not playing with real money, so any wins or losses is really useless. We can't use the money in real life. Secondly, it's really a time consuming game once you get addicted to it. You'll definitely spend a few hours playing it. Thirdly, it's a anti-social game too. Yes, you can still chat in the game, but the topic is always about Poker, Poker and Poker. This is ridiculous, isn't it?
To solve this problem, I finally decided to quit. So I started to bet all my money in to the game in because I wanted to lose all my money. However, it did not turned out to be the way I want it to be. In fact, I kept winning and my friends were watching.
From 10k, I managed to increase my profit to 200k.
After that, my money kept rising till 400k.
And it rose again till 600k.
It never stop from there, but kept rising till 1Million!!! I never got that much before. Everything just happened in less than 10minutes. Then, I lost all my money(1M) in just 1 game, because I bet all my money in.
This is how I stop my addiction. haha.. Besides, my friends followed my step to stop gambling too. haha. What a good ending......
For more info, please click on the following link,
-Meng Teik's Blog
-Teik Wei's Blog
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
Tuesday, April 14, 2009
1. Drink plenty of water.
2. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a beggar. (once in a while should be ok)
3. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants.
4. Live with the 3 E's -- Energy, Enthusiasm, and Empathy.
5. Make time to practice meditation, yoga, and prayer.
6. Play more games.
7. Read more books than you did in 2008.
8. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day.
9. Sleep for 7 hours.
10. Take a 10-30 minutes walk every day. And while you walk, smile.
11. Don't compare your life to others'. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
12. Don't have negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
13. Don't over do. Keep your limits.
14. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
15. Don't waste your precious energy on gossip.
16. Dream more while you are awake.
17. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
18. Forget issues of the past. Don't remind your partner with his/her mistakes of the past. That will ruin your present happiness.
19. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone. Don't hate others.
20. Make peace with your past so it won't spoil the present.
21. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
22. Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
23. Smile and laugh more.
24. You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree..
25. Call your family often.
26. Each day give something good to others.
27. Forgive everyone for everything.
28. Spend time with people over the age of 70 & under the age of 6.
29. Try to make at least three people smile each day.
30. What other people think of you is none of your business.
31. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch.
32. Do the right thing!
33. Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful.
34. GOD heals everything.
35. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
36. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
37. The best is yet to come.
38. When you awake alive in the morning, thank GOD for it.
39. Your Inner most is always happy. So, be happy.
Monday, April 13, 2009
Thursday, April 2, 2009
To My Friends Who Are............SINGLE
Love is like a butterfly. The more you chase it, the more it eludes you. But
if you just let it fly, it will come to you when you least expect it. Love can
make you happy but often it hurts, but love's only special when you give it
to someone who is really worth it. So take your time and choose the best.
To My Friends Who Are............NOT SO SINGLE
Love isn't about becoming somebody else's 'perfect person.' It's about
愛不能使他 /她成為一個 '完美的人 '
finding someone who helps you become the best person you can be.
To My Friends Who Are............PLAYBOY/GIRL TYPE
Never say 'I love you' if you don't care. Never talk about feelings if they
如果你不在乎，不要說 '我愛你 '。如果他們不在時，不要討論自已的感受
aren't there. Never touch a life if you mean to break a heart. Never look
in the eye when all you do is lie. The cruelest thing a guy can do to a girl is
to let her fall in love when he doesn't intend to catch her fall and it works
To My Friends Who Are............MARRIED
Love is not about 'it's your fault', but 'I'm sorry.' Not 'where are you',
不要老是說 '這是你的錯 '，何不說說 '對不起 '。
but 'I'm right here.' Not 'how could you', but 'I understand.' Not 'I
不要老是問 '你去哪裡了 '，何不說說 '我就在這兒等著你 '。
不要老是問 '你怎麼會這麼作？ '，何不說說 '我了解你 '。
wish you were', but 'I'm thankful you are.'
不要老是說 '我希望你這麼做 '，何不說說 '我感謝你的一切 '。
To My Friends Who Are............ENGAGED
The true measure of compatibility is not the years spent together but how
good you are for each other.
To My Friends Who Are............HEARTBROKEN
Heartbreaks last as long as you want and cut as deep as you allow them to
go. The challenge is not how to survive heartbreaks but to learn from them.
To My Friends Who Are............NAIVE
How to be in love: Fall but don't stumble, be consistent but not too
persistent, share and never be unfair, understand and try not to demand,
and get hurt but never keep the pain.
To My Friends Who Are............POSSESSIVE
It breaks your heart to see the one you love happy with someone else but
it's more painful to know that the one you love is unhappy with you.
To My Friends Who Are.............AFRAID TO CONFESS
Love hurts when you break up with someone. It hurts even more when
someone breaks up with you. But love hurts the most when the person you
love has no idea how you feel.
To My Friends Who Are............STILL HOLDING ON
A sad thing about life is when you meet someone and fall in love, only to
find out in the end that it was never meant to be and that you have wasted years on someone who wasn't worth it. If he isn't worth it now he's not
' 如果他/ 她現在讓你覺得不值得付出，那麼一年，甚至十年後，都不會值得付出的。
going to be worth it a year or 10 years from now. Let go.....
TO ALL MY FRIENDS.......
My wish for you is a man/women whose love is honest, strong, mature,
never-changing, uplifting, protective, encouraging, rewarding and unselfish.
And they run their first marathon together.
Another time, the son asks his dad again "Daddy, would you like to run a marathon with me?". The father says "yes son".
One day, the son asks his father " Daddy, would you run the Ironman with me?"
The Ironman is the most difficult triathlon ever (4 kms swimming, 180 kms bikin, 42 km running?)
鐵人競賽是最困難的比賽，必須游泳 四公里 、腳踏車 180公里、跑步 42公里。
And the dad says "yes".
The story looks simple until you watch the following clip. Just amazing, how much can love be.... ?